Wednesday 27 June 2012

ART ATTACK

Ok I am by NO means an 'art collector' nor do I pretend to know the ins and outs of the art world. I simply just fall in love with a piece of art and buy it (or desperately save up to buy it). There isn't really any rhyme or reason to my 'art collection', I just fill my house with art that makes me SMILE and makes us HAPPY. Here are some of my favourite pieces in the house (apologies for the not so great pictures, I am a 'budding' photographer):



I have no idea where this one is from because it has been in my family since I was a little girl.  When my mum sold our family home in Canada she surprised me by sending this over.  I have a little piece of my 'Canadian Home' here in England- super sentimental 
My husband surprised me with this gorgeous picture for Christmas 3 years ago.  I love everything about this piece, it is magical and whimsical.  The Old Oak Tree's Last Dream from MisseMai.  This picture doesn't do it justice
This crazy piece was needed because in our living room we had a HUGE white wall and needed a splash of colour (just realised its a little wonky).  This piece is from a fantastic company called Boconcept, they have some seriously cool stuff.
This was an amazing present from my Hubby, a box of butterflies.  This one is from the amazing Cissy Cook. There are so many of these around now but this was one of the original ones and it makes me smile every morning!

Now we also need some more art in the bedroom and in my 'office area'  These are on my wish list....

The ever so fabulous Alex from Things That Sparkle blog shared this gorgeous piece of artwork by Amanda Stone Tally that she has up in her dining room. I am seriously coveting this amazing piece of work!

And of course ANY piece of artwork from Cocoa & Hearts!  The only problem is that they sell out within seconds of posting new paintings!

3 comments:

  1. That last photo makes me want to restyle the top of my dresser - so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the shoutout! Definitely don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs