Wednesday 13 June 2012

Father's Day Brunch

In the UK Father's Day is on Sunday. FDay is always bitter sweet for me, I lost my father over 7 years ago so I miss him terribly however try to celebrate the life I lived with him.
I usually light a candle for him and remember all of the good times we had together.

This year we are celebrating with my FANTASTIC father in law. The Hubby and I will be cooking brunch for him and the family on Sunday.  I thought I would share some of the recipes we will be trying out, got to love Pinterest! 


 MIMOSAs (or BUCKS Fizz as they refer to it in the UK- although I am on a mission to change that)


French Toast Kebab GENIUS IDEA

Have been eager to try these for ages.  The look so easy to prepare ahead of time AND are something totally different


The other thing I need to be careful of is loading up on CARBS and SUGAR which this brunch will basically be.  As a result I will make some healthy 'side dishes':
1. Fabulous scrambled eggs with almond milk
2. Oven roasted mushrooms & tomatoes with coconut oil
3. Freshly squeezed carrot, orange & ginger juice
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs